Homes for Children
Children come to live at STCH Ministries Homes for Children for many reasons. Sometimes a parent or grandparent:
- Can no longer care for children due to their own health problems or issues
- Are experiencing depression or struggling with behavior related concerns with the child
- Are dealing with substance abuse issues
- Are experiencing a season of crisis
Homes for Children receives privately placed children, as well as children placed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. Other referrals come from churches or concerned friends and family members.
Carefully review our Admission Requirements, FAQs, and the Online Placement Application to gain a greater understanding of the care we provide. If STCH Ministries Homes for Children cannot meet a child or family’s needs, we will direct you to other available resources.
For more information call 361.375.2101.
A Place to Call Home
STCH Ministries has been providing homes for children who need care since 1952. Since that time many Texas children have found comfort and security in one of the individual family homes, or cottages, located on the beautiful ranch land north of Beeville.
Children placed through STCH Ministries Homes for Children live with a couple who serve as houseparents. Each cottage functions much like any household would, with meals being prepared in the cottage and the family planning activities together. Houseparents who serve at Homes for Children do everything they can to show the children in their care what it feels like to be part of a normal, happy family. The children attend public school and local churches, and they participate in sports and a variety of life-building extracurricular activities.
Children may live in one of STCH Ministries’ family homes temporarily, while difficult circumstances or conflicts are resolved within their family, or they may stay as long as care is needed.
STCH Ministries is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services to provide basic care to children who are not a threat to themselves or to others.
Benefits of Living in one of STCH Ministries’ Family Homes
STCH Ministries truly seeks to be an extension of the child’s home as we partner with parents, grandparents, or other legal guardians to restore relationships and return children to their families when possible. Advantages include:
- Quality care in a single home environment in a safe neighborhood for ages 0-17
- The opportunity to grow socially, mentally, and spiritually
- A rural setting with horseback riding and the chance to raise project animals if desired
- Multiple professional support services available for the child and their family, including STCH Ministries caseworkers and professional counselors
- Services are provided without cost, although contributions toward care and donations are welcomed and appreciated
- If a child graduates while in care, STCH Ministries provides help for the student to attend the college or trade school of their choice
- Parent or guardian retains legal custody of the child or children unless prohibited by law