STCH Ministries is reaching beyond our borders to provide needed resources to Dominican Republic (DR) young people eager to continue their college education through the Christian Leadership and Education Project (CLEP).
The CLEP Program is a sponsorship program that matches sponsors with Dominican college students that the sponsors select from a group of available students (see Sponsor a CLEP Student). Each CLEP student is required to contribute a minimum of 10 hours a month in ministry to younger Samuel Fund’s children as tutors and mentors.
The cost for a college education in the DR is surprisingly affordable at about $100 a month. You may choose to sponsor this full amount or for only $50 a month, you can be a co-sponsor. As a CLEP Sponsor, you can help develop independent young adults who can impact their culture for Christ. You may also choose to send one-time contributions of any amount to the CLEP fund to help the many CLEP students who are waiting by faith for the opportunity to get their college degree.
To sponsor a student, please email or call us at 361.994.0940.
What Students Receive
Your monthly $100/$50 sponsorship will help provide a student with . . .
- Educational needs that includes tuition, books, and supplies.
What Sponsors Receive
In return, each CLEP Sponsor will receive . . .
- An information packet with a photo and basic information about your student’s educational goals
- Occasional correspondence from your sponsored student and the opportunity to correspond with them
- A yearly report on their educational progress
- The opportunity to visit your sponsored student in the Dominican Republic and assistance with arranging the visit (many have visited their CLEP student while participating in a STCH Ministries mission trip!)
How to Give
Every sponsorship dollar given goes directly to meet the educational needs of the sponsored student. Rebeca Dinzey, a Dominican school teacher and faithful Christian who now serves STCH Ministries full-time in the DR, administers all CLEP contributions and follows each student’s progress.
Sponsorship gifts can be made monthly, quarterly, or annually. To make your tax deductible contributions online with a credit card through our website click here, and be sure to designate that your gift is for sponsoring a Samuel’s Fund/CLEP student. If preferred, contribution checks may be sent to:
P.O. Box 1210, Beeville, Texas 78104-1210