Homes for Children
A place to
Located on beautiful property north of Beeville, TX, STCH Ministries family homes or cottages provide protection and hope for children from all over Texas.
Children come to Homes for Children for many reasons. Sometimes a parent or grandparent:
- Can no longer care for children due to their own health problems or issues
- Are experiencing depression or struggling with behavior-related concerns with the child
- Are dealing with substance abuse issues
- Are experiencing a season of crisis
Children placed at Homes for Children live with houseparents. Each cottage functions much like a normal household, with meals in the home and the family enjoying activities together. Houseparents show the children what it’s like to be part of a traditional, happy family. They attend public school and local churches and participate in sports and a variety of life-building activities.
Children may live in a family home temporarily, while difficult circumstances or conflicts are resolved, or they may stay as long as care is needed.
Benefits of living in a family home
STCH Ministries seeks to be an extension of the child’s home as we partner with parents, grandparents, or other legal guardians to restore relationships and return children to their families when possible.
- Quality care in a single home environment in a safe neighborhood for ages 0-17
- The opportunity to grow socially, mentally, and spiritually
- A rural setting with horseback riding and the chance to raise project animals if desired
- Multiple professional support services available for the child and their family, including our own caseworkers and professional counselors
- Services are provided without cost, although contributions toward care and donations are welcomed and appreciated
- If a child graduates while in our care, we provide help for the student to attend the college or trade school of their choice
- Parent or guardian retains legal custody of the child or children
Homes for Families
A place to be safe
Homes for Families is designed to be a resource for single mothers and their children who are facing a crisis and need help transitioning into independent living.
Mothers facing some of the following issues may qualify for admittance:
- Financial instability
- Risk of homelessness
- Past abusive relationships
- Lack of family support
- Limited or no job skills
- Other situation that threatens the stability and safety of the family
Our Marshall Campus and Bluebonnet Campus provide a safe, comfortable setting for mothers and their children to begin a new chapter, while our staff help address their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
What the Program Offers:
- A safe haven during a time of crisis
- The opportunity for the family to remain together during resolution
- Personal living quarters in a comfortable home setting
- Personalized case management
- Individual and family counseling from licensed counselors
- Referrals to community resources
- Money management guidance
- Help connecting with employment and educational opportunities
- A loving Christian atmosphere
Our hope is that each mother will transition into a successful, independent future with her family as well as a more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.