Homes for Families is a program designed to be a resource for single mothers and their children during times of crisis to help the family stay together while transitioning into independent living. Our Marshall Ranch Campus just outside of Goliad, Texas, provides a safe, comfortable home setting for mothers and their children while supportive staff help address the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the family.
Mothers facing some of the following issues may qualify for admittance into the Homes for Families program:
- Financial instability
- Little family support
- Limited or no job skills
- The possibility of homelessness
- Past abusive relationships
- Any situation that threatens the stability and safety of the family
For more information, call 361.575.5151.
Homes for Families Links
At Homes for Families, mothers are motivated and encouraged to look at new options and pursue their educational or career goals as they transition into a successful, independent future filled with hope for their family. They also receive one-on-one training and counseling to help them succeed with their children and life. Topics covered include parenting, budgeting, and goal-setting. During the program, mothers are equipped to build the support, resources, knowledge, and skills they need to provide for themselves and their family.
What the Program Offers:
- A safe haven during a time of crisis
- The opportunity for the family to remain together during crisis resolution
- Personal living quarters in a comfortable, rural home setting
- Personalized case management
- Individual and family counseling from licensed professional counselors
- Referrals to community resources
- Money management guidance
- Help connecting with area job and educational opportunities
- A loving, supportive Christian atmosphere