During these days of uncertainty, as believers, our greatest recourse for strength and direction remains seeking God’s face through prayer. Tim Williams, Director of Church Relations serves as a staff pastor for STCH Ministries and wrote this guideline for praying together as we draw near to God seeking to glorify Him in obedience to the task He calls us to fulfill. Will you pray with us?
Sensitivity to the Spirit
– Pray that we would “walk with the Spirit” (Galatians 5:16) in making decisions that impact those we minister to, our staff, those who join us on trips and those who join us in ministry – that we would not give in to fear nor give way to neglect.
– Ask God to deepen our “love for one another” (1 Thessalonians 4:9) so that it leads to a greater sense of unity and cooperation as we face new, never before seen and changing issues in ministry.
– Ask the Father during the chaos of all the new demands upon us to enable us to keep Jesus at the center of all we think or do and that this verse would be seen in us:
“To them, God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Colossians 1:27
Health – physical, emotional and spiritual
– Join us as we ask for protection from the coronavirus and pray for the health of those in our care, our clients, our staff, our volunteers and of all those with whom we come into contact.
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” 3 John 1:2
– In these days of unprecedented challenges, pray that we would rise to challenge and find ways to continue our ministry and new ways to follow God to greater ministry.
“Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father.” John 14:12